Saloon Concert – No. 1
SALOON CONCERT (@ Nick Fink’s)
A MONTHLY CONCERT SERIES of Acoustic Folk-Pop-Rockery
Friday, May 7, 2010 9:30-11:30 pm
PRE-GAME / Happy Hour Set at 5:30 pm
GET THE STORY FROM:
- Rapid Growth Media – G-Sync by Tommy Allen
- The Grand Rapids Press – “The Weekend List” by John Sinkevics
Folks tend to call anything played on an acoustic guitar “folk music” and Nick Fink’s Saloon Concert series aims to show how many directions acoustic music has come from, and how many ways it can go. As the early folksingers and troubadours found willing audiences at roadside taverns, J. Oscar and Nick Fink’s bring the music’s broadsides, bawdy and beautiful elements together in the rivertown of Comstock Park, Michigan.
WE BEGIN WITH:
BRANT SATALA (& Emberdrift) + DAVE HARDIN
- Brant Satala – Grand Rapids – Using a palette similar to that of Wilco, Iron and Wine, Dave Matthews, and The Beatles Brant Satala writes on the acoustic guitar and, using other instruments as building-blocks, creates a unique alternative-folk style with rock overtones.”Brant’s new band, Emberdrift lifts those songs up on their heat (as the name suggests) and sets them twirling with a voice like coffee with Irish whiskey cream” – Tommy Allen, G-Sync – RapidGrowthMedia.com, May 6, 2010.
- Dave Hardin – Michigan, by way of FL,TN, MS, OH, ETC – probing stories of real life, fueled by real emotion, glimpses of everyday events that, through his poetic examination, become profound. Hardin’s voice gets inside your bones. It’s a tuneful rasp with a hint of twang, like John Prine with more air and less dirt. (davehardinmusic.com)
- J. Oscar Bittinger – Introducing the artists PLUS one NEW song per month